- August 22, 2021
Sliding Windows are just one of the many types of vinyl replacement windows that Lonestar expertly installs. If you’re wondering what some of the advantages are to choosing sliding windows, learn more below!
• Solid color-through virgin vinyl maintains a natural appearance and will not chip, peel, corrode, rot or require painting or scraping.
• Fusion-welded beveled frame combines excellent energy efficiency and beautiful aesthetic appeal.
• IntelliFoam insulation in the frame and sashes utilizes closed cell pre-expanded foam technology to enhance the insulating properties of our multi-chambered vinyl construction.
• Internal water management channels weep water away from your home.
• Shadow-grooved sash welds give the consistent appearance of mitered wood joints.
• Interior cove molding gives the look of classic painted wood windows so that even the keenest eye will think your windows are made of premium finished wood.
• Integrated sash interlock system eliminates drafts and provides secure protection against unwanted elements. Interlock placement affords a pleasantly uncluttered lock rail while providing tamper-proof peace of mind. Dual weatherstripping at the meeting rail supplements the design, providing the ultimate protection against air infiltration.
• Recessed Powder coated die-cast cam locks will never rust or break and provides a secure defense against forced entry. Two locks are standard on windows over 24” tall
• Safe Home Vent Locks protect against forced entry, delivering the luxury of ventilation along with the unparalleled safety and security of a secondary lock.
• Ergonomic lift handles are an extruded part of the sash design, giving seamless beauty and fingertip-functionality that will last a lifetime.
• Ample weatherstipping consists of synthetic wool pile with mylar fin strip and surrounds all sash components, repelling the elements.
• Self-leveling brass rollers ensure effortless operation with no corrosion or rusting
• Double-Strength double-pane Intelliglass high performance low E glass enhances insulation and reduces sound transmission.
• Intercept Warm Edge spacer system’s structural design gives the best combination of energy efficiency and longevity, virtually eliminating condensation and seal failures.
• Comprehensive Accidental Glass Breakage Warranty guards against life’s unexpected mishaps.
• Spring loaded, fully extruded heavy-duty screen with hidden screen spline, has reinforced corners and is easier to remove and reinstall than low grade roll-form screens.
• UltraVue™ screen mesh increases airflow and improves insect protection by utilizing a smaller mesh opening and thinner fibers than standard screens. This allows 25% more light, and fresh breezes to flow through while protecting against insects of every size.
With so many options, choosing one particular style from many different vinyl replacement windows can be difficult. Whether you have settled on vinyl sliding windows or are still looking for other replacement windows, get in touch today.