If you’ve noticed visible issues with your roof, or maybe even a leak in your roof, give us a call! We will happily take a look at your roof to determine whether or not your roof needs a replacement. If your roof is damaged, it will need to be replaced immediately to prevent costly damage to the rest of your house. So how do you know if your roof needs replacement? Here are 5 signs:
- See the Light – Go up to your attic and turn off the lights. If there are any beams of light shining through the ceiling, it’s time to consider replacing the roof. While you’re there, check the insulation for moisture. If it’s damp, you’ve got a leak somewhere.
- Check the Shingles – Take a walk around the house and take a look at the roof. See if any of your shingles are curling or buckling, especially in the areas that are more often exposed to direct sunlight. Take a look in the valleys of the shingling and check for missing or damaged shingles – these are crucial for proper drainage. If you see any missing shingles anywhere, it indicates that your roof is either past its life expectancy or is damaged.
- Gutter check– When shingles age, they start to lose their structural integrity. Check your gutters for any bits and pieces of your shingles – this indicates that your roof’s life expectancy is near or past.
- Check the Chimney – If the metal panels at the base of the chimney stack are covered in tar, it’s time to have them replaced with a water-tight solution
- What’s the Birth Date? – If you haven’t replaced your shingles in the last 20-25 years, it’s time for a new roof, whether or not there is any damage yet. An expired roof is a home insurance claim waiting to happen.
If your roof exhibits any of these symptoms, it’s time to consider roof replacement options. Lonestar would be happy to help!
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can replace your roof! We do things different, and we appreciate the opportunity! You’ll soon find out why we say that our business is all about “Home Exteriors Done Right!”