vDo you need a new roof? Here are some things that indicate that we might need to come out and take a look at your roofing. If your roof fails any of these checks, don’t wait to replace your roof! It could cost you much more in the long run.
- Check the Attic – Go up to your attic and turn off the lights. If there are any beams of light shining through the ceiling, it’s time to consider replacing the roof. While you’re there, check the insulation for moisture. If it’s damp, you’ve got a leak somewhere.
- Check the Shingles – Take a walk around the house and take a look at the roof. See if any of your shingles are curling or buckling, especially in the areas that are more often exposed to direct sunlight. Take a look in the valleys of the shingling and check for missing or damaged shingles – these are crucial for proper drainage. If you see any missing shingles anywhere, it indicates that your roof is either past its life expectancy or is damaged.
- Check the gutters – When shingles age, they start to lose their structural integrity. Check your gutters for any bits and pieces of your shingles – this indicates that your roof’s life expectancy is near or past.
- Check the Chimney – If the metal panels at the base of the chimney stack are covered in tar, it’s time to have them replaced with a water-tight solution
- Check the Birth Date – If you haven’t replaced your shingles in the last 20-25 years, it’s time for a new roof, whether or not there is any damage yet. An expired roof is a home insurance claim waiting to happen.
Contact Lonestar to Replace Your Roof!
Lonestar Siding & Windows