Double Hung Windows – Features & Benefits
Lonestar offers a variety of double hung windows as part of our vinyl window replacement services. See below for some of the great advantages of installing double hung windows next time your home need new windows!
• Fusion welded frame and sash corners are secure, weathertight and never pull apart.
• IntelliFoam insulation in the frame and sashes utilizes closed cell pre-expanded foam technology to enhance the insulating properties of our multi-chambered double hung vinyl window construction.
• ArmorCor fiberglass fortification bar provides superior reinforcement. With very low thermal conductivity, this modern technology enhances each window’s structural integrity without sacrificing energy performance.
• Solid color-through virgin vinyl maintains a natural appearance and will not chip, peel, corrode, or rot.
• Custom crown molding on the interior header is modeled after the elegance of upscale historic wood windows.
• Our patented Pivot-True G3 heavy-duty constant force balance system incorporates specially coated stainless steel coils for a guaranteed lifetime of smooth and quiet operation. These balances are specifically engineered for modern window designs that utilize the heavier triple pane or double strength glass systems.
• Balance cavities are fully covered for seamless, uncluttered sight lines directing focus on the outside view.
• Equal-lite sashes nestled in a narrow multi-chambered mainframe offer more visible light and greater structural integrity than most wood or vinyl windows available today.
• Shadow-grooved sash welds give the consistent appearance of mitered wood joints.
• Interior cove molding gives the look of classic painted wood windows so that even the keenest eye will think your windows are made of premium finished wood.
• Integrated sash interlock system eliminates drafts and provides secure protection against unwanted elements. High Interlock placement affords a pleasantly uncluttered lock rail while providing tamper-proof peace of mind. Dual weatherstripping at the meeting rail supplements the design, providing the ultimate protection against air infiltration.
• Low-profile color-matched cam locks integrate the lock mechanism with the sash tilt feature. This premium hardware operates easily and eliminates clutter accentuating the window’s elegant appearance.
• Safe Home Night Locks are AAMA Certified against forced entry, delivering the luxury of ventilation along with the unparalleled safety and security of a secondary lock.
• Ergonomic lift handles are an extruded part of the sash design, giving seamless beauty and fingertip-functionality that will last a lifetime.
• Ample weatherstipping consists of synthetic wool pile with mylar fin strip and surrounds all sash components, repelling the elements.
• Double-Strength double-pane Intelliglass high performance low-E glass enhances insulation and reduces sound transmission.
• Intercept Warm Edge spacer system’s structural design gives the best combination of energy efficiency and longevity, virtually eliminating condensation and seal failures.
• Comprehensive Accidental Glass Breakage Warranty guards against life’s unexpected mishaps.
• Spring loaded, fully extruded heavy-duty screen with hidden screen spline, has reinforced corners and is easier to remove and reinstall than low grade roll-form screens.
UltraVue™ screen mesh increases airflow and improves insect protection by utilizing a smaller mesh opening and thinner fibers than standard screens. This allows 25% more light, and fresh breezes to flow through while protecting against insects of every size.
Contact Us About Double Hung Windows
Our double hung windows are pleasing to the eye, durable, and secure. If you are considering installing replacement vinyl windows, let us know! You can contact us online, give us a call at 804-266-1717, or send us a message on Facebook to get in touch.